Global Footprint Network is a dynamic, international organization that is currently in an exciting growth phase. We are looking for leaders with a passion for global sustainability in a variety of capacities from communications to research. Please review the opportunities we have available and consider joining our team.
Director, Global Footprint Network - Europe
European institutions and nations have emerged as global leaders in demonstrating how societies measure progress, true wealth and the well-being of people and nations. As part of this trend, Global Footprint Network’s Ecological Footprint framework, methodology, data and tools are helping leaders in and outside government to weigh options for the future and make better decisions. Global Footprint Network’s work in Europe is expanding rapidly and we are now seeking an entrepreneurial leader to build on this momentum and spearhead our European expansion.
The director will direct the activities of Global Footprint Network’s European activities including Brussels, our satellite office in Zürich and other future satellite offices in European countries. The Director, in collaboration with program staff in our US offices, will be responsible for leading the activities of Global Footprint Network – Europe, including fundraising and revenue generation, operations and personnel. In particular, the Director will develop and implement projects in Europe in support of the following initiatives:
- Deepening relationships with leading European agencies and global institutions located in Europe with the goal of becoming trusted advisors;
- With our technical staff, overseeing projects which strengthen decision making by providing guidance, research and data to national government agencies;
- Strengthening our collaborations with our partners in Europe;
- Expanding Global Footprint Network’s Human Development Initiative;
- Fundraising in collaboration with the organisation’s headquarters in California;
- Building engagements with corporations; and
- Deepening working relationships and increasing engagements with NGOs and intergovernmental agencies.
The director will be a seasoned leader with expertise in sustainability and/or economic policy with direct experience building partnerships with governments, corporations, development banks, donor agencies, intergovernmental agencies, and organizations that invest in large-scale infrastructure. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in working with governments, possibly through work with a large management consulting/public affairs firm or international conglomerates.
Salary And Benefits
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Send CV and cover letter. Subject line MUST include the term "Director, Global Footprint Network - Europe." Contact: Tracy Doten. Email: email@example.com