reactietermijn vacature verstreken - Procurement Expert
European Forest Institute (EFI)
The European Forest Institute (EFI) is an international organization with 21 European member countries, and
126 associate member institutions. EFI headquarters are located in Joensuu, Finland. EFI has several regional
offices across Europe and FLEGT office (Forest Law Enforcement, Governance and Trade) in Kuala Lumpur,
Malaysia and is establishing an office in Brussels.
EFI is hosting and managing the EU FLEGT Facility, which has the role of supporting the implementation of the
EU FLEGT Action Plan. The Facility is funded by the European Commission with co‐funding from the
Governments of the UK, Finland and Germany.
The Facility aims at having reforms adopted that improve governance and the functioning of markets, ensuring
that illegal logging and associated trade which adversely affect the poor are adequately tackled. The Facility’s
key work areas are (i) supporting the negotiation and implementation of Voluntary Partnership Agreements
(VPAs), bilateral trade agreements between the EU and timber product exporting countries, including analytical
studies guiding the VPA processes and a communication portfolio, and (ii) implementing the regional FLEGT
Asia support programme.
To reinforce the Facility’s team, EFI intends to engage a Procurement Expert.
The procurement expert will coordinate the procurement of services, goods and works under the EU FLEGT
Facility and contribute to achieving the objectives of the EU FLEGT Facility in accordance with the EFI
procurement rules. The procurement expert will report to the Operations Manager of the EU FLEGT Facility.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Prepare letters of agreement specifying procurement modalities and responsibilities with partner governments.
- Prepare procurement plans.
- Formulate and review procurement documents and procedures.
- Prepare / review technical, commercial and legal aspects of procurement of goods and services at all stages of the project cycle.
- Support and guide at all stages of the procurement cycle, especially contractor appraisal, evaluation and negotiation of offers, legal considerations, payment conditions, and risk assessment.
- Negotiate and resolve procurement issues.
- Supervise project procurement arrangements and assist implementing agencies during projects to respect agreed procedures.
- Organizing audit processes.
- Review and respond to procurement‐related complaints.
- Share knowledge and train FLEGT Facility staff in relevant procurement issues.
- Execute other tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
Essential criteria & qualifications
Desirable criteria & qualifications
- Master’s degree with a major in a relevant discipline (eg. law, economics, public administration)
- Experience with similar responsibilities in an international organization.
- Track record for creative and strategic thinking and pragmatic problem solving.
- Ability to work on complex and politically sensitive issues with governments, industry, NGOs and communities.
- Good communication and networking skills, solid writing, reporting and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability of working in multi‐disciplinary, international teams and in multi‐cultural environments. Good interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in English.
- General IT skills.
Duty station and travel
- Working experience in developing countries.
- Experience from international procurement negotiations.
- Understanding of FLEGT facility activities.
- Proficiency in French is an asset.
The procurement expert will be based at EFI HQ in Joensuu or at the EFI office in Brussels.
The procurement specialist will be an EFI staff member. The duration of employment will be 2 years with likely
options for extension. EFI offers a competitive benefits and salary package.
Interested candidates are requested to send an application letter and CV by 23 August 2010 to Niina Verkerk,
Administrative Manager, EU FLEGT Facility, phone: +358‐10‐773.43.49, email: email@example.com.
For more information about the position please contact Tomi Tuomasjukka, Operations Manager, EU FLEGT
Facility, phone +358‐10‐773.43.54, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
MilieuVacaturebank.nl weergeven op een grotere kaart