Location: MSC Head Office, London
The MSC standard for sustainable seafood is a science based, third party and fully independent approach to identify seafood products from sustainable sources. The standard was developed by independent experts from fishing, conservation and government sectors and the organisation is governed by a Board of Trustees, a Technical Advisory Board and a Stakeholder Council.
Assessments against the standard are conducted by independent Certification Bodies, approved and monitored by an independent Accreditation Body. The MSC does not certify fisheries or determine their sustainability status.
Job summary – MSC Fisheries Director
Operating within the Standards & Licensing (S&L) Team, the Fisheries Director leads staff responsible for the MSC quality control of assessments to ensure the rigour and credibility of fishery assessments.
The post holder will also be tasked with:
- Provide a point of contact and centre of excellence for fishery assessment related issues.
- Provide technical expertise to allow effective quality control monitoring of fisheries assessments conducted by certification bodies.
- Monitor the continued development in global fisheries, fishery science and management to ensure MSC’s methodology remains appropriately aligned.
- Utilising their technical skills and working with colleagues, develop new policy, coordinate required consultation and inform stakeholders about these processes.
Download full job description
Download the job description for MSC Fisheries Director (PDF, 65kb).
Please email the following material to Louisa.Sherry@msc.org :
Please include in your cover letter your current salary and the media (website, advertisement, newsletter etc) in which you first became aware of this vacancy. The subject of your email should read: Fishery Assessment Manager Application.
- A cover letter outlining how your skills, experience and knowledge directly address the roles, responsibilities, and requirements detailed in the respective job specification (see web link above), which constitute the position selection criteria.
- A copy of your current CV
While email is the preferred application route, alternatively you may send or FAX a hard copy of your application to MSC’s London office, to:
Louisa Sherry (FD recruitment)
Marine Stewardship Council
6-20 Elizabeth Street
FAX: +44 (0)20 7811 3301
MilieuVacaturebank.nl weergeven op een grotere kaart