reactietermijn vacature verstreken - Environmental Manager
Lloyd's Register, London
To manage the Environmental Subject Matter Team in line with the strategic objectives of the Marine Product Development Dept (MPDD) and agreeing product development priorities with the Product Development Manager.
- Responsible for leading, motivating, and creating a culture of ownership and delivery for the Environmental team.
- Responsible for managing the recruitment, performance, training and career development of the environmental team, including the PPP and BCDD processes, to ensure that there is an appropriate level of experience and technical capability to resource current and future work.
- Overall responsibility for the development projects undertaken by the Environmental team and for the work carried out by the team that is not part of a defined development programme, including the maintenance and support of the Rules and the related procedures. And able to undertake product development when required.
- Ensure that development projects are scaleable (i.e. can be devolved globally), are delivered on time and to budget and that team members with the appropriate knowledge and experience are allocated to projects.
- Overall responsibility for the development of the Environmental Rule change proposals for the Technical Committee in line with the annual TC schedule.
- Primary Environmental SMT point of contact for senior technical and business development staff around the world and primary contact for interpretation and other issues relating to Environmental Rules and Procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining the Load Capacity Plan for the work undertaken by the Environmental team up to 18 months ahead and taking action as necessary to ensure load and capacity is balanced on an on-going basis.
- Responsible for providing technical leadership including sign off responsibility for key technical documents produced by the Environmental team.
- Representing the Environmental team at a senior level, both internally and externally.
- Responsible for putting together and managing the Environmental team budget and monitoring performance against expenditure.
- Acting as part of the management team for the Marine Product Development Dept, being responsible for escalating issues and risks to this team as necessary.
- Responsible for ensuring internal processes and procedures are followed.
What you will need
The preferred candidate is likely to have experience in each of the following areas:
- Good undergraduate engineering or science degree
- Chartered Engineer status or equivalent.
- Graduate of Lloyd's Register Management Development Programme (MDP) or equivalent.
- Good knowledge of Lloyd's Register Rules and a working knowledge of the Technical Committee process.
- Broad knowledge of IMO activities and statutory landscape.
- Experience in managing a multi-disciplined technical group.
- Excellent leadership and motivational skills.
- Good working relationship with other Lloyd's Register departments that interface with Marine Product Development (e.g. DSOs and Business Development departments).
- Experience of managing a large budgets and a track record of delivering projects on time and to budget.
- Good understanding of programme and product management.
- A positive interest in environmental issues and commitment to making a difference to Lloyd's Register clients.
- Hands on experience of Product Development related to engineering verification services.
What we offer in return
Working for an organisation that helps set the standard for shipping safety, this is a role with real purpose - using your expertise to make a difference to both the lives of those at sea and the environment we live in. There's nowhere better to come and develop your reputation, knowledge and experience. Here's some of the benefits you can look forward to if you join:
- private healthcare cover plus discounted rates for family members
- contributory pension
- 23/25 days' annual leave (depending on your grade - if you start on 23 your allowance will rise to 25 in second year with us)
- Employee Advantages - discounts on everything from insurance to gym membership
- Employee Care - free access to support from qualified counsellors and advisers in financial, legal or family issues
- market benchmarked salaries
£44,000 - £66,000
I would like to apply