reactietermijn vacature verstreken - Media Officer
WWF International in Gland, Switzerland
Media Officer, Switzerland
WWF's busy international media unit has an enviable reputation for producing fast, accurate and engaging multi-media output for a wide variety of audiences. We're looking for a dynamic, self-starting and tenacious Media Officer to produce on- and off-line news and features for news and social media, as well as provide communications advice, capacity building and support to the WWF Network.
The position is based at WWF International in Gland, Switzerland.
What you'd do:
- Provide communications expertise for priority international advocacy and policy conventions, meetings and events, and provide front-line media relations at such events;
- Produce stories for podcasts, videos, blogs, and other media;
- Act as spokesperson for WWF when required;
- Work with other relevant stakeholders to produce short-, medium- and long-term communications plans and communications output calendars;
- Develop relations with relevant international media;
- Provide input into comms strategies as required;
- Scan the international news agenda to identify communications opportunities;
- Work with other key communications staff to anticipate emerging issues, crises and brand attacks, and work with appropriate stakeholders to formulate the appropriate response;
- Advise on and assist with the development of Network communications standards, training and protocols;
- Provide front-line media relations (responding to queries, pushing stories etc);
- Explore new communications methods and new media channels.
What you need:
- Degree in communications, media, journalism or related subject;
- At least five years' relevant professional experience in news, current affairs or PR.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Ability to deliver multiple simultaneous projects;
- Articulate, creative, passionate, flexible and tenacious;
- Excellent written and spoken English – other languages an advantage;
- Attention to detail, diplomacy and discretion;
- Ability to work as part of a team in a multi-cultural environment;
- Interest in conservation and environmental issues;
- Adhere to WWF’s values: Knowledgeable, Optimistic, Determined and Engaging.
How to apply?
Please consult the attached job description for more information on the position.
Email a cover letter and CV to email@example.com
Deadline for applications: 5 August 2011
MilieuVacaturebank.nl weergeven op een grotere kaart