Your main activities are:
- Scenario development
- Model simulation preparation and application
- Analysis, reporting and presentation of results
- Development of new model code
- Project management activities, such as customer liaison, proposal writing and acquisition, project leadership, quality assurance
- More than 5 years experience in ecosystem modelling
- A sound knowledge of marine ecology
- An international network in the field of marine ecology
- Good communicator
- Team player
- Strategic vision in the field of marine ecosystem modelling
- You should speak English fluently, and Dutch preferably (or be willing to learn Dutch)
We are looking for an enthusiastic candidate with an appropriate postgraduate qualification (MSc or PhD) in marine ecosystem modelling, with over 5 years of experience in the modelling of marine, coastal and estuarine ecosystems. You should have experience in the development of new model code formulations and the application of models in multidisciplinary projects for marine ecosystem management and research purposes. Furthermore, you should have a strong international network, and a strong research background. Experience in project management and demonstrated affinity for working on multidisciplinary projects would be an advantage.
You will work on national and international projects using, amongst others, the simulation modelling suite Delft3D for a variety of projects, such as marine eutrophication and primary production studies, carrying capacity assessments, environmental impact assessments and ecosystem-based management studies.
Within the unit Marine and Coastal Systems, the Section Water Quality and Ecology provides sound scientific information and specialist advice on complex and integral marine ecosystem issues, in the context of socio-economic aspects and (inter)national environmental regulations. Our projects are wide-ranging and multidisciplinary and include topics such as the implementation of environmental regulations (e.g. the Marine Strategy Directive), assessment of ecosystem health, impact assessments and eco-engineering.
We offer you an interesting and challenging job in a dynamic international environment. You will be part of a team of researchers, advisors and model developers that work in close cooperation with each other. You have an active role in deciding what your job responsibilities are. Your personal and professional development is essential.
Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated.
Marine and Coastal systems
Area of expertise
For more information you can contact Sharon Tatman (088 - 335 8565)
tav Rob de Blaey
2600 MH Delft