Vattenfall is Europe’s fifth largest electricity generator and the largest producer of heat and operates in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Benelux and the UK. Our strategy is to reduce emissions from power generation with a road map to achieve climate neutrality by 2050. Business Division Renewables is responsible for wind power and biomass. Investments in wind power is an important cornerstone to deliver our road map and we plan, build and own wind farms in six countries, onshore and offshore. Investment in biomass fuel is key to further reduce the emissions. We have about 350 employees.
Within BD Renewables the support department Operation & Logistic has a mission to support Vattenfall’s wind farm sites with project management, shared tools, processes and solutions in order to increase effectiveness in our operation and maintenance work.
We are now taking the next step in the development of operational O&M; therefore we are now strengthening our team with:
Project Manager- Electrical Operation & Maintenance
Project Manager- Operation & Maintenance
In the role you will manage O&M projects and offer support for ad hoc tasks and issues on existing on- and offshore wind farms.
Your mission is to support the site and site managers when they have a maintenance task that not is regarded as part of the ordinary day to day O&M work. Further more you will ensure reduced work load on site personnel and build up O&M knowledge and implement best practice across our sites.
The role's responsibilities include – but are not limited to:
• Source and secure needed resources for project execution (specialists, crane ship, material, repair workshop, site personnel, external contractors, etc).
• Build up O&M knowledge and implement best practice across our sites and in new projects.
• Ad hoc tasks like root cause analysis, assist on contractual issues, etc
• Reporting on the work done.
• Participate in various technical task forces
• Collect information and experience on best praxis from different sites
• Perform and organise Technical inspections on assets
• Perform Maintenance analysis, both technical and economical
• Follow the Renewables Management System
• Coordinate big remedial work projects
The successful candidate holds a technical degree with minimum 5 years work experience preferably related to project management and O&M, from the wind power industry or similar. Fluency in English is a prerequisite.
We are looking for a person with:
- Good cooperation, communication and organizational skills.
- Strong drive and business acumen.
- Ability to adapt and thrive in an international and changing environment.
This position is preferably located at our office in London or Ramsgate, secondary at any of our current offices in Sweden, Denmark, and the Netherlands. The position requires travelling 4-6 times a month.
For more information about the position you are welcome to contact hiring manager Magnus Jansson, +46 705239056. For information about the recruitment process you are welcome to contact recruitment consultant Rikard Morell, +46 87396231.
Trade Union representatives in Sweden are Thomas Stalin, Akademikerna, +46 87396247, Johnny Bernhardsson, Unionen, +46 705134510, Christer Holmström, Ledarna, +46 17381302, and Krister Storm, SEKO, +46 340667765.
You are welcome to send in your application including CV, cover letter, preferred location, and certificates / grades through the link further down the page. Deadline for applications is 13th of May 2012.
You are welcome to apply!