Reactietermijn vacature verstreken - Managing Director
Invest in the future, harvest RAIN
RAIN is an international NGO promoting and implementing rainwater harvesting (RWH), contributing to better lives for people living in areas where safe and sufficient water is lacking. The activities of RAIN range from the implementation of RWH systems, to building the capacities of local communities, influencing policy makers and exchanging of knowledge and best practices. Currently RAIN works with partner organisations on projects in Nepal, Ethiopia, Burkina Faso, Mali, Kenya and Uganda. In the Netherlands RAIN is, amongst others, part of the Dutch WASH Alliance working on integrated and sustainable WASH services in developing countries.
The small programme management unit (currently 5) of RAIN in Amsterdam is ambitious; striving for the integration and uptake of RWH in water programmes and policies globally and playing a central role as connector for and distributor of knowledge on RWH. We work together with local organizations to implement our programmes.
To lead this dedicated team RAIN is looking for an inspiring manager for the position of:
The Managing Director is motivated by the ambitions of RAIN. He/she formulates and implements the strategy for the global uptake of RWH in water programmes and policies at all levels. This includes the development and strengthening of our organisation, the exploration of opportunities for new and existing partnerships and realisation of new sponsorships. Leading a professional, dedicated and ambitious team we believe that RAIN can best be managed by an inspiring, experienced manager, strong in networking, with experience in organisational development, who will lead the RAIN team to the realisation of her ambitions.
The main responsibilities:
- Monitors developments, formulates RAIN’s position and strategy and translates this into plans,
programmes and budgets
- Identifies and opens opportunities for strategic partnerships and represents RAIN at strategic
- Develops the organisation and people in line with future challenges
- Identifies and works actively with the team on funding opportunities
- Sparring partner on programme and project management activities
- Monitors and manages progress of all core and supporting activities
- Reports to the Board of Trustees on plans and results
- Relevant academic level with 10 years of professional experience in a project/programme driven organisation
- Experienced Manager of small teams of professionals
- Track record in business development, building strategic partnerships, experience with Public Private Partnerships is highly appreciated.
- Experience with development of organisation and people
- Affinity with water sector and/or international development issues
- Has a RAIN relevant network
Competences and skills
- Strategic and creative thinker with vision on new international development cooperation
- Entrepreneurial, with strong communication and networking skills
- Energetic and inspiring personality with coaching style of management
- Analytical and pragmatic
- Decisive when required
- Fluently in English, working knowledge of French is an advantage.
‘Max 75.000 euro gross/year
Please submit your application in English - letter of motivation and CV – no later than May 20 2012 to:
RAIN Foundation, Attn. Alina Jansen, Managing Director a.i. e-mail email@example.com. For questions and further information about the position, please contact Alina Jansen on +31 20 581 82 92.
More information about RAIN’s activities can be found on our website: www.rainfoundation.org