Contact: Izaäk van der Neut
Our Wind Unit works internationally on sustainable wind energy projects, both on and offshore. Our wind energy experts advise project developers, utilities, government organisations, financial institutions in the areas of feasibility, development, design, engineering, project management, economic analysis and due diligence for wind projects. The Design & Development team is part of the Wind Unit and works mostly for project developers and wind farm owners. The main focus of the team is to support these clients in technical, contractual and project management aspects of wind projects. An important element of this work is to work together effectively in interdisciplinary teams with an appreciation of environmental, technical and economic aspects of wind projects.
As a wind turbine engineer you play a leading role in our team which supports wind energy developers for both onshore and offshore wind projects. Your work focuses on:
- Combining your knowledge and practical experience of wind turbine technology and the market.
- Keeping track of developments in wind turbine technology and advising our clients on the selection of wind turbine types.
- Definition of requirements for wind projects, supporting the negotiation of turbine supply and maintenance contracts.
- Inspection of wind turbines and wind turbine manufacturing.
You have the ambition to play a leading role in technical project development teams. You know how to apply your knowledge of electro-mechanical systems and wind turbine technology to define robust projects that will perform reliably.
If you are enthusiastic about the job described above and you meet the following criteria, then we would be happy to meet you!
- University degree or equivalent working level
- Minimum of 5 years work experience and a network of relations amongst manufacturers and suppliers in the wind energy trade
- Experience with wind turbine technology and installation
- Insight into current developments in wind turbine market
- Strong project management and presentation skills
- Affinity to commercial aspects of consulting projects
- Willingness to travel and work on projects in other countries
- Excellent oral and written command of English and preferably mastery of another European language
- Working permit for the Netherlands
It would be a bonus if you have:
- Experience with inspection and commissioning of wind turbines
- Experience with wind turbine supply and/or maintenance contracts
Working for Ecofys – experts in energy
Established in 1984 with the vision of achieving “sustainable energy for everyone”, Ecofys has become the leading expert in renewable energy, energy & carbon efficiency, energy systems & markets as well as energy & climate policies. The unique synergy between those areas of expertise is the key to success. Ecofys creates smart, effective, practical and sustainable solutions for and with public and corporate clients all over the world. Ecofys has offices in the Netherlands, Germany, United Kingdom, China and the US where over 250 experts work on solving energy and climate challenges.
Working for Ecofys means working together with inspiring colleagues in an informal company culture, with room for own initiative and growth. We offer you an attractive package of secondary employment benefits.
Intermediaries will not be appreciated.