reactietermijn vacature verstreken - Senior Environmental Specialist
Shell Global Solutions International B.V.
We’re currently recruiting a Senior Environmental/Impact Assessment Specialist to join our Major Projects HSSE & Social Performance (SP) Team in Rijswijk.
This role will provide ample career development opportunities and technical challenges to gain an exciting and valuable experience in a world-class organisation. Shell Projects & Technology provides technical services, technology capability and major project delivery in both Upstream and Downstream activities. We also deliver differentiating technical information technology and drive research and innovation to create technology solutions for tomorrow.
The Environmental and Social Performance Team in Europe has some 5-10 staff between offices in Aberdeen (UK) and Rijswijk (NL), providing in-house skills and tools for effective solutions, integrated across the project lifecycle. Thus creating the enabling environment for successful project delivery.
The portfolio of existing and future major projects across the globe include: facility upgrades; subsea; total floating and other on/ offshore developments. Currently, within the Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) projects include major refinery upgrades in Germany and the Netherlands; a new petrochemical complex in the Middle East; new production facilities in the North Caspian Sea; offshore floating production systems in Nigeria and the North Sea; High Pressure, High Temperature (HPHT) developments in Norway and cutting edge Carbon Capture and Sequestration projects.
At Shell our commitment is to satisfy the world’s need for energy with economically, socially and environmentally responsible solutions. We seek a high standard of performance, and understand that great ideas can change the world. If you want to work with a group of creative, ambitious and innovative professionals then you should consider Shell. We will provide you with the resources to put your ideas into action, worldwide opportunities to advance your career, and outstanding benefits and rewards that support your quality of life. Join us and let’s make a real difference together.
The purpose of this role is to plan, execute and deliver Environmental and Social Performance in for Shell’s Major Projects in EMEA portfolio. Ensuring that environmental, social, health and broader non-technical risk objectives are incorporated early in project development, and managed through the project life cycle, preserving Shell’s license to operate.
The team’s key objective is to support Shell’s Major opportunities & projects with exemplary Environmental/Social Performance.
Acting as an Impact Assessment (IA) subject matter expert, you will plan and manage impact assessments and coordinate the activities of IA contractors. This will include the scoping, preparation of Terms of Reference and definitionion of environmental, social and community health baseline. Also the identification and assessment of impacts; the development and implementation of plans to mitigate negative impacts and enhance positive impacts, as well as development of plans to monitor performance.
Additionally, you will:
- Ensure environmental deliverables are fully covered in projects, by personal delivery or working through others.
- In the context of project development, provide authoritative advice on specific issues relating to environmental protection.
- Make certain environment and Social Performance project deliverables are fully integrated with technical safety processes, such that clients receive a seamless one-point service for all their HSSE-SP needs.
- Provide environmental and social input to risk and hazard identification processes and workshops.
- Facilitate workshops and awareness programmes.
You will be qualified to MSc or BSc level or equivalent in any relevant and related technical, environmental or social discipline, with significant experience in the Oil, Gas or Chemicals industries.
You will be fluent in English, both written and verbal, posess excellent collaboration and team working skills.
With a thorough understanding of HSSE & SP policy, principles and issues, you will fully appreciate how these relate to business and project development in the oil and gas industry. Furthermore, clear understanding and experience of international and national approaches in the application of environmental, social and related standards is essential. Also practical knowledge of guidelines and expectations defined by formal regulatory environments and in relation to the demands of stakeholders and society is vital.
Additionally, you will have:
- Proven experience applying HSSE-SP directly into capital project developments and/or assets with a track record of ESH Issue and stakeholder management in project cycles.
- Again, proven experience in impact assessment for large scale industrial infrastructure. Awareness of IA requirements of international financing institutions.
- Demonstrated project accountability.
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills to work effectively in/and across multi-functional virtual teams and capacity to interface with a wide range of internal stakeholders, customers and (external) service providers.
- Self-assurance and confidence, able to execute position responsibilities with minimal guidance.
- Ability to be a strong team player in order to identify and understand (business) project requirements; then appitude to translate these opportunities into delivering innovative and sustainable solutions to projects and stakeholders.
- Strong planning, coordination, and leadership skills.
- Excellent verbal communication and technical writing skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Willingness to travel
Send Your Application Online
Application Deadline: Thursday 05 July 2012