reactietermijn vacature verstreken - Senior Manager, French Government Liaison
The Government of France is a strong global ally in raising awareness for biodiversity conservation and climate change. Over the past eight years CI has developed excellent relations with the French Government through agencies such as AFD, FFEM, MEDDTL and MAEE. The Government of France provides substantial support to CI through project and program funding and through dialogue at a technical level. The Liaison is primarily responsible for maintaining, and further developing relationships with the French Government but will also be tasked with reaching out to French Foundations and the French private sector to establish new partnerships. The Liaison will raise CIís profile with key agencies through dialogue and will monitor of the execution of projects to ensure commitments are executed according to the donorís expectations.
- Manage the donor relationship with the French government and French speaking public and private donors through the maintenance of regular communication with partners and by developing communication tools. Organize meetings in France (and potentially Switzerland and Belgium), Brussels, HQ or in the field as needed to discuss current and future projects funded by French Government sources as well as French foundations or private sector.
- Support programs to raise new French public funding and funding from French, Swiss and Belgian foundations and private sector in collaboration with HQ offices responsible for Foundation Relations and Private Sector Relations:
-Advertise new opportunities
-Review proposals and reports
-Develop new tools as necessary
-Respond to ad hoc requests from CIís programs for donor information
- Reinforce CIís position† as a trusted advisor to French government and French speaking† partners by organizing high-level meetings and exchanges for senior CI staff visiting Europe and French partners visiting field programs or HQ..†
- Support CI-Europe goals by promoting CI-Europeís policy objectives, sharing strategic contacts and contributing to coherent EU wide approaches
- Raise awareness about the role of the French government and other French partners to the internal CI audience and create awareness for the importance of engaging French partners and other stakeholders
Other duties as assigned by supervisor
Normal office environment, In Brussels, Belgium. Frequent domestic and international travel.
- Graduate degree in environmental studies, public policy, international relations/development studies or natural resource management and minimum 5-8 years of relevant experience.
- Excellent knowledge of the French institutional framework and extensive contacts in the French environment and development communities.
- Proven ability to fundraise and network, developing and managing partnerships across a range of stakeholders.
- Excellent understanding of conservation, development and political issues in France, in Europe and globally.
Strong writing and oral skills.
Strong proven interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills.†
- Ability to work in a culturally diverse environment that requires collaboration and networking with others in dispersed locations.
- Willingness to travel frequently to France, the USA and other locations.
- Excellent command of both French and English is indispensable.
- Candidates should be EU nationals or have a valid work permit for Belgium.
- Knowledge of one or more additional European languages
All candidates should have a valid work permit for Belgium.