reactietermijn vacature verstreken - Senior adviseur biodiversiteit en biomassa
IUCN NL is looking for a Senior Advisor: moving towards a sustainable bio-based economy
IUCN National Committee of the Netherlands (IUCN NL) bridges civil society
organisations, government, business and science. In collaboration with the 38 member organisations it brings together, IUCN NL contributes to finding pragmatic solutions to the world's most pressing environmental problems such as the global biodiversity crisis. IUCN NL maps the impact of the Netherlands on loss of biodiversity and ecosystems worldwide and develops solutions to counter this loss. It provides financial and other support to organisations, mainly in developing countries, that focus on the conservation of nature and the sustainable use of natural resources in relation to poverty reduction.
IUCN NL is looking for a highly skilled and motivated biodiversity and biomass specialist to lead its work on sustainable biomass as part of a transition towards a green economy. The dossier is a crucial component of our mission.
Incumbent will direct and expand IUCN NLís work with corporate, government and civil society organisations and explore sustainable options for biomass production that reduce impact on biodiversity and the natural environment, and improve livelihoods. More sustainable supply chains can reduce negative impacts, for example by preventing indirect land use change (iLUC) and by encouraging expansion of production of feedstock on degraded, unused or underutilised lands. The work predominantly focuses on the Dutch economy but also involves the development of projects beyond national borders. The senior advisor develops and leads innovative strategies and programs that contribute to a transition towards a green economy.
As senior advisor your tasks will include:
- Lead IUCN NLís biomass dossier and develop a vision for IUCN NLís strategic work towards more sustainable supply chains as part of the bio-based economy.
- Work in close cooperation with government, corporate and civil society actors to shape this strategy and take the international discussion on the topic a step
- Find entry points and develop business cases for new investments in sustainable agricultural commodities that contribute to a transformation in land use practices.
- Analyse, describe and map biodiversity impacts and dependencies of diverse energy sources and assist private sector actors with the implementation of biodiversity performance standards.
- Liaise with experts and organisations worldwide and expand IUCN NLís networks for dialogue and exchange of information on the impact of energy practices and policies on ecosystems and biodiversity inside and outside the Netherlands.
- Influence the multi-actor environment of the Dutch bio-based economy to adopt strategies that contribute to conservation of biodiversity and sustainable use of ecosystems and their services. Develop innovative links with other areas of expertise, such as REDD+.
Qualifications and requirements
- An advanced degree in environmental economy, natural resource management, nature conservation, development studies, development economy or related field.
- A minimum of five-year work experience in a relevant field.
- Strategic thinking and research skills.
- Project development and management experience.
- Fluency in English; proficiency in Dutch and at least one other language.
- A good grasp of biodiversity and ecosystem functions.
- Experience with the private sector and the translation of conservation issues into business cases.
- A professional network of relevant contacts.
- A willingness to travel and an ability to work independently in a dynamic, multi-cultural environment.
- This job requires excellent, demonstrable communication and presentation skills.
- IUCN NL offers a competitive salary depending on qualifications and experience.
- A temporary contract is offered of 32 hrs/wk with the possibility of a permanent position.
- Our office is situated adjacent to the botanical gardens in Amsterdam.
- IUCN NL is an equal opportunities employer.
We encourage you to send your application by email. Application letters and CVs should be received no later than 15 October 2012 and can be addressed to:
Mr. M.C. de Wilde, CEO
Plantage Middenlaan 2-K
1018 DD Amsterdam
For additional information about the procedure you can contact Monique de Jong, HR, email@example.com
For additional information about the position you can contact Mr. Jan Willem den Besten, firstname.lastname@example.org
|vacature geplaatst op 04 Oct 2012 door IUCN NL|