The research domains of the Business Unit Water focus on water policy, surface and groundwater and modelling, urban water, sediment management, coastal zone management, water management systems and water related issues. Due to the increasing number of assignments, our Business Unit Water is seeking a junior engineer specialised in coastal and estuarine morphology.
- To investigate (coastal) morphological issues
- The use of empirical morphological models
- Design of scenarios to optimize the morphological management and defense strategies of the Coastal zone and Scheldt estuary
- Perform morphological trend analysis using GIS
- Analysis of collected data including automatisation
- To report the research results
- Participate in scientific presentations and prepare publications.
- University degree
- Knowledge of Dutch and/or English
- Minimum three years experience in data analysis of morfological evolutions in coastal zones and/or estuaries
- Knowledge of GIS software (at least ArcGIS) and experience with GIS research
- Knowledge of Matlab and empirical morphological models is a plus
- General knowledge of hydraulics, morphology, field measurements, data processing and interpretation of measurement and model results.
In addition to the required technical skills we are looking for a team player. Our new employee will think and plan along with our integrated water assignments.
- We offer you an exciting technical function with extensive development opportunities and responsibilities in a thema-oriented and participatory company
- An eager and dynamic team awaits your input in the development of integrated water projects in both domestic and foreign markets
- Location: Antwerp
- An intensive supervision by experienced colleagues.
Send your motivation and CV to:
Thomas Van Hoestenberghe
Team Manager Business Unit WATER
Poortakkerstraat 41, B-9051 Ghent, Belgium
Tel. +32 (0)9 261 63 59/+32 (0)498 90 27 45