Spill Response Specialist /
Shell Global Solutions International B.V.
We are recruiting a Spill Response Specialist / Environmental Scientist to join our team in the Hague or London.
If you want to work with a group of creative, ambitious and innovative professionals then you should consider Shell. We'll provide you with the resources to put your ideas into action, worldwide opportunities, and outstanding benefits. Let’s make a real difference together.
Our commitment is to satisfy the world’s need for energy with responsible solutions. Shell provides a technically challenging work environment characterised by operational excellence, the pursuit of new technology and new ways of working. It demands people who will thrive in a culture that encourages and rewards innovation, collaboration and the ability to learn from success as well as from failure.
The Spill Response Specialist / Environmental Scientists are part of the Environmental Sciences Discipline. They are the focal point for the environmental science aspects of spill preparedness and response for Shell and its affiliated companies. Members of this team provide oil spill preparedness and response science expertise to the Shell companies.
The team is responsible for the review and interpretation of scientific information, the design and coordination of industry studies,and advice on issues related to interactions between the oil & gas industry and the environment as concerns oil spills and response.
Members of the team are to be subject matter experts in oil spill science and able to represent Shell on a variety of industry, government, and public committees, including technical advisory committees, Joint Industry Programs.
Members of the team work closely with internal and external oil spill response managers and coordinators,and respond to support Tier 3 spills. As such, the individual should be able to interact and work with a diverse group of stakeholders.
The successful candidate should be able to develop technically sound strategies and be able to communicate these strategies to effectively influence decisions and decision makers at local, state and national level.
Must be skilled at planning and managing projects both as an individual contributor and as a team member or lead.
- Education M.S./PhD in Environmental Science
- Proven years of environmental science and oil spill response science experience, preferably in the petroleum industry
- Familiarity with oil spill response and environmental laws; especially US and European legal requirements
- Understanding of the way OSROs and spill response co-ops and regulatory agencies operate
Knowledge and relevant industry experience in following areas:
- trade associations and joint industry programs.
- developing technical arguments to support regulatory advocacy position
- oil spill response and clean up technology, development and limitations especially dispersant use, in-situ burning and mechanical recovery
- working in emergency/oil spill response and incident management system
- evaluation of environmental impacts especially as relates to oil & gas industry ops
- facilitation skills and ability to influence customers, stakeholders and peers
Send Your Application Online
Application Deadline: Monday 30 Oktober 2012