Electronic System Designer
SoLayTec is a fast growing company active in the worldwide equipment supply for solar cell production. Within a year after start-up we have successfully launched our first products into the market. Our products apply the latest technology in atomic layer deposition in order to improve solar cell performance. SoLayTec is characterized by its innovative, open and focused culture. We are looking for new colleagues to fulfill our increasing customer requirements .
A broad and challenging job in an enthusiastic team and a young high tech company. The possibility to experience all business aspects and the opportunity to grow with the company.
To specify and design mechatronic end products in the field of Fast ALD technology with an emphasis on electronics. To build and lead a small team of electrical and electronical designers.
Position in the organisation
- We believe this position is an attractive challenge for a seasoned electronics architect or
designers with relevant experience in high end mechatronic equipment. You must have a strong interest in technology and a broad interest on how development of electronics is done.
- You report managerial to the Engineering Manager.
- You report functional and content related to the system architect.
The electronic system designer is responsible for the definition of electronic modules in our systems.
Specific deliverables associated with this are:
- Functional system breakdown (while balancing technical and COGS budgets), based on
system specifications and customer requirements
- Manage requirements at system/subsystem/module level for our electronic modules.
- Capable to represent the electronics discipline in multi-disciplinary discussions.
- Contribute to the technical roadmap of our systems.
- Maintenance and change control of technical product documentation (TPD) including
responsibility for bill of material.
- Monitor and control running activities in terms of planning and quality.
- (Optimization of) design for produce-ability, assembly, cost, serviceability and compliance to
any relevant standards and legislation including CE and CCC (Chinese regulations).
- Third line support on manufacturing and field service of our systems.
- Consultancy on electronic design towards other disciplines
Required knowledge & skills
- Master or Bachelor in Electronics with 5 to 10 years of relevant experience.
- Appropriate CAD software knowledge
- Basic project management skills
- Dutch, English and preferably German languages
- Good communication skills
- Knowledge on product creation process
Type of work
All work is done in a project approach. Deliverables are formalized, e.g. assignments, design methods, procedures, specifications etc. Work is done using plans and planning. Deliverables need to comply with relevant norms and quality standards. Personal initiative isexpected to improve project progress.
Is responsible for:
- Architecture, specification and design of all electrical aspects of the product
- Delivers high quality TPD, parts lists and production documentation such that our supplier are
able to deliver low cost and good quality modules.
- Define testing procedure and tooling and improvement proposals for existing tests.
Regular contacts with:
- Engineering manager, specifically on progress reports
- Colleagues in team meetings
- Supporting departments like purchasing and service
- External relations
Will lead a small group of electrical engineers