GL Garrad Hassan is the world's largest independent technical and engineering consultancy for renewable energy. We are the recognised global authority on onshore and offshore wind power and also serve the wave, tidal and solar sectors.
GL Garrad Hassan has many tools for and experience in monitoring and optimising wind farms and in the commercial conditions and processes which are involved in their management. GL Garrad Hassan offers these skills as a complete and integrated Asset Management service. This new role is a central part of this offering and will provide commercial and technical guidance to the Asses Management team.
This new and exciting opportunity will play a fundamental role in enhancing the provision of Asset Management of on- and (eventually) off-shore wind farms at GL Garrad Hassan.
This role requires the application of extensive practical wind farm management experience. It is an excellent opportunity for someone with a high level of credibility within the market to combine technical expertise with the ability to design and sell a service externally. The successful candidate will have an integral role in enhancing and developing our O&M strategies and Asset Management business.
You will act as key account manager for existing and potential clients and will play a vital role in establishing and supervising the GL Garrad Hassan control centre. Advising on the integration of GL Garrad Hassan's operations tools (AMOS/WindHelm/ODM) and co-ordinating Asset Management guidance and support across multiple offices within a matrix environment. You will manage multiple projects and supervise the preparation of Asset Management reports. You will also develop project specific management systems and ensure all operating assets adhere to HSE, planning and grid connection agreements.
The precise responsibilities will depend on the person appointed. Responsibility for line management of a team may also be a requirement of the role; however, this will depend upon the successful candidate.
To be successful in this role, and our business, you will need to demonstrate the following qualification, professional expertise and personal attributes:
Technical / Professional Expertise
- Substantial experience within the wind farm asset management (technical and commercial management)
- Strong practical knowledge, both commercial and technical, of how a wind farm is run, the day to day problems that arise and their solution; emphasis will be on this aspect of the operation and not on analytical tools
- High motivation to work for the expansion of GL Garrad Hassan Asset Management services - creative in their approach to market
- Knowledge of state of the art EH&S systems including RenewUK Wind Turbine Safety Rules and/or GWC recommended safety systems
- Knowledge and understanding of the market and future prospects/trends
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office
- Familiarity with technical management software and SCADA systems
- Understanding of financial reporting e.g. budgeting and forecasting processes.
Desirable but not essential:
- Comprehensive wind farm market knowledge and networking contacts
- GL Garrad Hassan expects to grow a parallel solar business in conjunction with its solar consultancy hence solar (PV) experience would also be desirable
- Practical electrical engineering experience in an operational background
- Previous line management experience - able to demonstrate motivation and successful leadership of teams.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills with the ability to prioritise and manage conflicting priorities
- Full professional proficiency in English. If the appointment is based in Germany, full professional proficiency in German will also be required. Other languages will be seen as an advantage.
- The ability to write and compose clear and accurate reports in English
- Ability to work independently in a pressurised consultancy environment - operating to tight timescales
- Excellent client skills - strong interpersonal, relationship and stakeholder management skills - ability to influence at all levels
- Good presentational skills and ability to deliver corporate and strategic messages to groups and clients.
GL Garrad Hassan's two watch words are independence and rigour. They apply to everything that we do.
To be considered for this exciting role please click "apply now" and complete an application form. Once complete, please send this along with a current CV and/or cover letter to email@example.com.