GL Garrad Hassan is the world's largest independent technical and engineering consultancy for renewable energy. We are the recognised global authority on onshore and offshore wind power and also serve the wave, tidal and solar sectors.
You can look forward to a challenging scope of chances for your advancement in a dynamically
- Coordinate and manage existing and new relationships with clients of the GL Group in the offshore wind market in Germany;
- Sell and promote all GL Group Offshore Wind Services;
- Sales coordination and support for existing business development activities;
- Prepare proposals and coordinate proposal preparation processes
- Support positive proposal reception / decision making at the client;
- Close cooperation and coordination with all other GL offshore sales activities;
- Gather market intelligence and distribute knowledge inside GL Group;
- Identify gaps and development needs for the GL Group;
- Provide technical & commercial feedback to the GL Group out of the market.
To be successful in this role, and our business, you will need to demonstrate the following qualification, professional expertise and personal attributes:
Technical / Professional Expertise
Sales & Commercial
- Strong track record in sales and marketing of relevant industrial goods or services;
- Sales orientated, commercial minded, customer focus with strong influencing skills;
- Confident negotiator and ability to 'close the deal';
- Strong client management skills and ability to keep promises;
- Experience in contract management;
- History in analysing new business opportunities;
Technical & Wind Energy
- Good technical background in engineering / structural engineering;
- Ability to work in a pressurised engineering and project environment;
- Knowledge of the wind industry; preferably offshore wind industry;
- Knowledge of the maritime business will be advantageous;
- Flexibility to work in a fast growing and not standardised buisness segment
- Capable of hands on problem-solving, with ability to generate ideas and solutions;
- Strong communication skills (German and English) in all forms including written; oral, email, telephone, and presentation;
- Ability to write and compose clear and accurate proposals and reports;
It would be highly beneficial to your application if you had:
- Existing contacts in wind, maritime, oil & gas offshore or ideally offshore wind;
- Technical degrees (e.g. engineering) plus commercial degree (e.g. MBA etc);
- History of working in a multidisciplinary, multicultural company environment.
We offer excellent career development opportunities and a competitive benefits package.
Please click "apply now" to be taken to the GL-Group online application system.