SNV is an international not-for-profit development organisation, funded from public and private sources, working in 38 countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America. SNV advisors offer project management, technical assistance and advisory services in Agriculture, Renewable Energy, and Water, Sanitation & Hygiene.
In the renewable energy sector (RE), SNV aims to accelerate access to energy in mostly rural, off-grid and peri-urban areas with the development of market based solutions for households and SME’s. RE-solutions and products vary from (domestic and productive) biogas and improved cooking stoves to sustainable fuels, micro/pyco hydro and solar PV, and from rural electrification and minigrids to REDD+ and waste-to-energy. The overall goal of SNV’s Renewable Energy sector is to increasing Renewable Energy access, revenue generation, and job creation, while fostering an enabling environment for the development of sound Renewable Energy policies and practises.
SNV is continually seeking applicants for senior Renewable Energy positions based in our country programs. Successful applicants to this general vacancy announcement will be pre-assessed for consideration when international positions and consultancy assignments become available. If you are an experienced RE professional with specialist knowledge and experience in providing advisory services, managing projects and/or developing proposals and mobilizing resources to help us meet our mission, we want to hear from you.
Key themes and approaches
- Business Development and Project Acquisition: develop and write proposals and secure funding for innovative RE programmes;
- Project management: planning, budgeting, M&E, organization, progress reporting, oversee finance and logistics, team management, etc;
- Support knowledge management, liaising and network building as well as advocacy;
- Develop and undertake value chain analysis, market studies and market feasibility and viability studies;
- Provide SME business support and SME finance advisory services;
- Develop inclusive business models between low income communities and private companies
- Develop value chains and market distribution systems and realize upscaling of implementation targets;
- Assess socio-cultural and economic impacts of climate change and clean energy solutions and propose actions and advice to enhance the participation and economic situation of women;
- Provide advisory services on any of these key themes: minigrids, waste to energy, carbon finance, micro finance for the poor, BOP marketing.
SNV is focusing on market based solutions and public private partnerships (PPP) and has a strong market approach: we are especially looking for professionals with such work experience. Other requirements are:
- Master’s Degree or higher degree in a relevant discipline;
- At least seven years or more of progressively responsible work experience in implementing renewable energy projects in Africa, Asia or Latin America;
- Proven experience in resource mobilisation;
- Extensive experience in one or more of SNV’s Renewable Energy products’ value chains;
- Experience in one or more of the above mentioned key themes;
- Excellent social and networking skills, ability to engage with governments, the private sector and civil society;
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills;
- Entrepreneurial and result-oriented;
- International work experience, preferably in a country of SNV operation.
- Proficient in English. Fluency in French, Spanish or Portuguese is an advantage.
Contract Type: International
Contract Duration: Aligned to project or assignment duration
Salary Scale: SNV offers an attractive remuneration package or consultancy fee
How to apply
Please apply by clicking on https://snv.devhire.devex.com/jobs/329680, upload your CV spelling out relevant experience and areas you have the highest expertise in and complete your application in our in-house recruitment system before 30 September 2014. Please indicate in your cover letter your timeline for taking up a new position or assignment, your preference for a short-term or long-term commitment and any geographic preferences.
Working at SNV
We offer a challenging work environment, opportunities to lead and innovate, and a commitment to growing your skills in a fulfilling and diverse working environment. For more information, please visit our website: www.snvworld.org
We do not appreciate third-party mediation based on this advertisement.
Tuesday, September 30, 2014
Type of contract: