Avantium is currently looking for an experienced (Sr) Technical Application Manager to join our team in Amsterdam and lead the programs to develop and implement resins commercial applications for bio-based polyester resins (mainly PEF polyester resin), like bottles, thin films, thermoforming and fibers.
- Identify, develop and implement applications for PEF resin together with Business Development and introduce these to customers (including technical support).
- Manage, support and track application development programs with equipment suppliers and customers.
- Develop a portfolio of commercial PEF resins together with Business Development.
- Provide feedback and guidance to (YXY’s) application development and process development teams on PEF resin requirements and development.
- Ensure resin supply from the YXY’s pilot plant to customers, including regulatory compliance.
The ideal candidate should have the following education, experience and skills:
- Education: preferably a University (MSc/PhD) degree in polymer/chemical/mechanical engineering & science.
- Experience: minimum 5 years in technical sales, product/packaging development and/or customer support in the plastics packaging (preferably the polyester, eg PET) industry. for example, at packaging convertors, equipment manufacturers or brand owners.
- Competencies/skills: communicative, creative, result oriented, self-starter with a ‘can-do’ mentality.
- Flexibility: travel to support business development and customer trials (~50%)
Do you fit our profile and do you want to apply? Please apply by using our online application form.
For more information you can contact Victor Vreeken at +31 (0)6 46799436.
Avantium is a leading research & technology company based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. Avantium has developed proprietary technology (called YXY) to convert carbohydrates into green building blocks for materials and fuels. With YXY technology biomass can replace oil as the raw material for the production of a wide range of plastics, amongst others plastics for packaging materials like bottles and films.
Avantium has made significant investments in scaling-up the YXY technology to pilot plant and industrial scale. Avantium and BASF announced recently their intention to form a joint venture (JV) for building the first industrial scale plant with YXY technology in Antwerp, Belgium.